School - Parents Guide
1. For fall semester registration, each student receives
textbook(s) and workbook(s). If any is lost during the semester, the parents
need to repurchase the item, purchase being based on current prices.
2. When the student is attending class, he/she needs to bring the textbook, the
workbook, and pencils. Do not let the student bring toys or other unnecessary
items to school/class.
3. If a student needs to be absent from the class, parents should contact the
class teacher. If a face to face meeting with a teacher or school personnel is
needed, please inform the school personnel. The meeting will be conducted
on Saturday at school.
4. Please be punctual for student's arrival and pick up (Arrival at 8:55 AM;
Departure at 12:20 PM.) If a student does not attend the Enrichment
Program, the departure time is 11:30 AM. If students stays after the after the
regular school hours, the parents of the students will be responsible for the
well being of the students.
If a student needs to leave early from class, the parents of the student must
inform the teacher in class before leaving school.
5. After classes are over, parents must pick up the students within 10 minutes
(i.e. before 12:30 PM.). Otherwise, the Chinese School is not responsible for
any unforeseen problems.
6. If pertinent information has changed, such as Email address, telephone
number, address, or health insurance coverage, parents must notify the School
immediately to minimize any problems of contacting parents.
Parents-On-Duty (Three parents or families are needed every Saturday.)
Please Note: It is the parents' responsibility
to remember the duty date. Beginning in 2009, the PTA Chair or the School
will no longer remind the parents-on-duty regarding the date.
1. Parents must arrive before 8:30 AM, to help School
personnel to get classrooms ready. They also need to stay until 12:40 PM
to assist School personnel to clean up the classrooms before leaving. The
Parents-On-Duty need to sign in before 8:30 AM and sign out after 12:40 PM. If they are not
available to perform the duties, please find substitutes and notify the school
(via email or mail) 14 days in advance. The substitute then reports to
School on the day of duty.
The school may help parents find substitutes by providing a list of
parents-on-duty phone numbers. Again, it is parents’ responsibilities to
contact them, get agreement with them, and notify the school via email or mail.
The email or mail will be the evidence for changing the duty dates.
Penalty applies to "no show" or "late arrival" or "leaving early".
Penalty fee will result due to
tardiness or absence or leaving early. The fees are as follows.
After 8:45 AM
Before 12:40 PM
Absence (Whole school day) $100.00
A $100.00 duty fee deposit will be required at
registration. If the family performs their duty on time and complete, the
$100.00 will be applied to the next semester's registration. If student does
not continue in this school, we shall refund the $100.00 if no penalty applies.
Please Note that if parents prefer not to perform the school duties, a waiver
fee of $80.00 will be assessed during the school registration.
2. The School will arrange for the parents to serve the School again for
the next semester if they are late or no show or leaving early in the current
3. Keep order at school (during class and recess time.) Make sure students do
not take School belongings, and make sure students do not fight with other
4. During recess, do not allow students to play with the elevator. Please
pay special attention to their safety. Duties include:
1. Parking lots
2. Education Building (restrooms and
classrooms) one family
5. At 11:20am, parents-on-duty need to get the classroom ready for the
6. During the Enrichment Program, please help the class teacher set up the
equipment if needed.
7. At 12:20pm, parents-on-duty need to help school personnel to put aside the
tables and chairs, then can they sign out.
Registration for the new semester takes place during the
last two school days of each semester. Late registration fee is $50.00.
At registration time during the end of the second semester, parents can
obtain textbook(s) and workbook(s) for the fall semester. If any is lost,
repurchase will be based on the price current at time of purchase.
Withdrawal/Tuition Refund Information
1. Withdrawal before the start of the semester
entitles a full refund.
2. Withdrawal before the fourth week entitles a refund of one half of tuition.
3. Withdrawal after the fourth week will not have any tuition refunded.
To withdraw a student from school, the parent must provide a request in
writing. Email is acceptable. The refund may not include the cost of
textbooks and workbooks.
School Rules and
The name of our school is CCGC Chinese School. Our classroom teachers
will also serve as counselors for students. If students commit offenses,
teachers will talk to them individually, or will notify their parents for
further resolution. In order for students to follow rules in a clear manner,
the following rules and regulations have been set up.
1. Honor your elders, your teachers, and be friendly and loving to your fellow
2. During class, teacher permission is required if a student wants to leave his
or her seat.
3. During school sessions, a student
Must not leave school/class arbitrarily;
Must not play or play with the piano;
Must not use the white-board or chalk-board without teacher
Must not take things from the classroom or closet;
Must not take any food from the refrigerator;
Must not throw trash except at designated places; must not
Must not disturb other students;
Must not play with the elevator;
Must not damage any school possessions, including the
4. During class, a student must not speak arbitrarily or make noise;
must not bother other students, must raise a hand before asking a question;
must avoid arguments and fighting; must not consume any food.
5. The School will not tolerate any students who violate the above rules.
If a violation happens for the first time, the student will be warned,
second time, will notify the parents, and the student will not be admitted to
school upon a third violation.
6. During school, if any student threatens classmates with any items that
could cause physical harm, or if students are involved in a fight, the
student(s) will be released from school immediately and will not be admitted to
the School again.
rules and regulations above must be followed by all students. We ask the
parents to cooperate in requiring your children to obey these rules and
If you have read and agree with this Parents Guide of CCGC Chinese School, please sign on "CCGC Chinese School - STATEMENT